Implementation of Book Organization tool (Python2.[x])

~km knny.myer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 21:06:50 EST 2009

Hi together,

I'm a python-proficient newbie and want to tackle a program with
Python 2.x, which basically organizes all my digital books (*.pdf,
*.chm, etc..) and to give them specific "labels", such as:

"Author" -> string
"Read" -> boolean
"Last Opened:" -> string
and so on..

Now my question is:

Is it a better method to use a /database/, a /static File/, with some
Markup (e.g.: YAML, XML), a Python dictionary or are there better ways
don't know of.., for organizing my books collection? I'm sure you can
do
it in any way above, but I'm apelling to /your/ personal experience
and
preference. Please give me at least one reason, why.
---
I think we are in Rats' Alley where the dead men lost their bones.
		-- T.S. Eliot