python and web pages

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 19 02:10:32 EST 2009

Hi,

Here is my situation:
I'm using the command line, as in, I'm not starting gnome or kde (I'm on
linux.)
I have a string of text attached to a variable,. So I need to use one of
the browsers on linux, that run under the command line, eg. lynx,
elinks, links, links2 and do the following.
1. Open a certain web page and find the first text box on the page, and
put this text into the form.
2. Press the submit button, and wait for the result page to load.
3. Click on the 15th link down the page.

So, how do I do this, can anyone point me to some docs or modules that
may help out here?

Thank you,

--
Cheers,