Arcane question regarding white space, editors, and code collapsing

Wells wells at submute.net
Wed Nov 18 18:28:04 EST 2009

I work in TextMate a lot, which I generally love, but it's code
collapsing confounds me. Essentially you have to indent blank lines to
the proper level for the current block. Then it will collapse that
section as one section. If you have simply a new line, it will see it
as a break, and not collapse, though the python interpreter doesn't
care- it only cares about lines of actual code.

Is it... pythonic, then, to have these lines of tabs/spaces to support
code collapsing? Is it proper, improper, or irrelevant?

Thanks.