Accessing a Web server --- how?

Virgil Stokes vs at it.uu.se
Mon Nov 16 05:14:26 EST 2009

If one goes to the following URL:
http://www.nordea.se/Privat/Spara%2boch%2bplacera/Strukturerade%2bprodukter/Aktieobligation%2bNr%2b99%2bEuropa%2bAlfa/973822.html

it contains a link (click on "Current courses NBD AT99 3113A") to:
http://service.nordea.com/nordea-openpages/six.action?target=/nordea.public/bond/nordeabond.page&magic=%28cc+%28detail+%28tsid+310746%29%29%29&

and if you now click on the tab labeled "history and compare" this will
take you to:
http://service.nordea.com/nordea-openpages/six.action?target=/nordea.public/bond/nordeabond.page&magic=%28cc+%28detail+%28tsid+310746%29+%28view+hist%29%29%29&

Finally...This is where I would like to "connect to" the data on a daily
basis or to gather data over different time intervals. I believe that if
I can get some help on this, then I will be able to customize the code
as needed for my own purposes.

It should be clear that this is financial data on a fond managed by
Nordea Bank AB. Nordea is one of the largest banks in Scandinavia.

Note, that I do have some experience with Python (2.6 mainly), and find
it a very useful and powerful language. However, I have no experience
with it in the area of Web services. Any suggestions/comments on how to
set up this financial data service project would be greatly appreciated,
and I would be glad to share this project with any interested parties.

Note, I posted a similar message to the list pywebsvcs; but, received no responses.

-- V. Stokes