python gui builders

me not_here at nowhere.com
Mon Nov 16 05:06:02 EST 2009

Good People

I do not write stuff for humans, as it has been my job to remove
humans from the loop. But I have to make a front end to a
component database where everything was built in Python.

I have looked at the Tk stuff that is built into Python -> not
acceptable. So looking at wxGlade, Boa Constructor, Python Card.
Also looked at the frames/forms created with QtDesigner, which
can be used by Python via pyuic. BlackAdder IDE seems to have
this built-in, but am loathe to buy into another GUI tool for a
single job.

I have not been able to find a decent Python gui builder. The
last time I did gui garbage was with Borland C++ Builder which
was ok because I was only using win boxen for that project. This
time I am using both Linux and Win.

What Python gui builder is well supported, does not require me
to learn another framework/library, and can crank out stuff for
multiple platforms ?

thanks much,
me