A "terminators' club" for clp

kj no.email at please.post
Fri Nov 13 18:29:07 EST 2009

This is "meta-question" about comp.lang.python.  I apologize in
advance if it has been already discussed.  Also, I don't know enough
about the underlying mechanics of comp.lang.python, so this may be
*totally unfeasible*, but how about giving a few bona fide *and
frequent* clp posters the ability to *easily* delete spam from the
comp.lang.python server?

Or it could be set up so that at least n > 1 "delete" votes and no
"keep" votes are required to get something nixed.  Etc.

This seems simpler than all-out moderation.

("all-out moderation"? now, there's an oxymoron for ya!)

One possible *initial* criterion for selecting these "terminators"
would be the number of posts to clp between, say, January 2009 and
July 2009.  The members of this seed set could then select new
members for the terminators' club.

Just a thought.

kynn