Hi help me in installing pcapy extension module

pranesh azhilprashanth87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:37:44 EST 2009

dear friends,

I have python 2.6.4 i my Windows XP machine.
I am trying to install pcapy - python extension module
( I am using http://oss.coresecurity.com/projects/pcapy.html for
reference )

I decided to implement the libpcap library...
Since I have only windows xp machine......
I installed WinPcap  -  this is a port of libpcap - windows uses this
WinPcap

As the pcapy extension is written in C++ it needs to be compiled for
the host system before it can be accessed from Python.
In order to compile and install the source, I executed
                                       python setup.py install
from the directory where Pcapy's distribution has been unpacked.

Now, I am getting the following error,

C:\pcapy-0.10.4>python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_ext
building 'pcapy' extension
error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

I request you to help me in solving this problem.

regards
Prashanth