What text editor is everyone using for Python

norseman norseman at hughes.net
Thu May 28 18:24:49 EDT 2009

jeffFromOz wrote:
> On May 26, 10:07 pm, Lacrima <Lacrima.Ma... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am new to python.
>> And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
>> But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
>> So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?
>
> No one mentioned textmate either  . a brilliant text editor with
> python templates, and bundles, syntax highlighting, etc.  We use
> wingIDE for debugging and it seems fine, except for the weird way it
> corrupts the displayed text.

BOTTOM LINES:

Whatever they learned on.
Whatever they are trying out at the moment (for the adventurous types)

Suggestion:
Take a look at the top two most used OS you use and learn the default
(most often available) text editors that come with them.

The deep quiet voice of experience yells:
Specialty items are seldom there when you need them!

Steve