What text editor is everyone using for Python

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Tue May 26 13:16:30 EDT 2009

On May 26, 2009, at 8:07 , Lacrima wrote:

> I am new to python.
> And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
> But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
> So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?

I have found that the appreciation of a text editor varies greatly
across different people.  What one person swears by, feels clunky to
another.  On the Mac, I like TextMate because I find it pretty clean
and fast.  On Windows I've used Notepad++, Emacs, Crimson, and
possibly a few others.  What I recommend is to try out some of the
editors in:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

and see how it works for you.  Depending on what you need, and how
they "feel", you may find what you want with a free editor.

					bb

--
Brian Blais
bblais at bryant.edu