What text editor is everyone using for Python

J Kenneth King james at agentultra.com
Tue May 26 09:04:08 EDT 2009

Lacrima <Lacrima.Maxim at gmail.com> writes:

> I am new to python.
> And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
> But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
> So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?

That is a slightly better question.

Try some of the free alternatives.  I do happen to use emacs.  It took
me quite a lot of adjusting to get used to it after being a vim user
for almost ten years.  Doesn't cost anything to give one a shot and
see if it works for you.  The choice of editor is a personal one
(hence the reluctance to answer your original question).