which database is suitable for small applications

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Tue May 26 06:24:14 EDT 2009

Kalyan Chakravarthy wrote:
> Hi All,
>           can any one suggest me which database I can use for my small
> application(to store user names ,passwords, very few other data.. )
> I am using Python, Google Apps and guide me how to connect to
> database, I am very new to these technologies
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Regards
> Kalyan

If you are really new to these technologies and don't want to spend some
time on it, just serialize on the disk your data structure containing
your names, password and so on (http://docs.python.org/library/pickle.html).
Depending on your application you may not be that concerned with
security/reliability issues.

Of course if you want to learn more about it, go on. I personally use
postgreSQL with the pgdb python module. But this is the only one I ever
used so I'll let someone else more familiar with all the database types
respond to you.

Jean-Michel