What text editor is everyone using for Python

Tue May 26 02:39:42 EDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 18:31:56 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In message <d6d05d39-98e7-4c28-
> b201-4b2445732ab4 at v35g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, LittleGrasshopper
> wrote:
>
>> ... I am looking for suitable syntax files for [editor of choice] ...
>
> I don't understand why people need "syntax files" to use a text editor.

Do you want syntax highlighting?

If so, then your editor needs to either have an external config file
describing the syntax you want highlighted, or a built-in internal config
to do the same thing. For various reasons, it's better to have such
config as an external file rather than compiled into the editor.

If you've never used syntax highlighting, then you don't know what you're
missing. I can do without it, but it's a bother.

--
Steven