What text editor is everyone using for Python

Günther Dietrich gd_spam at spamfence.net
Mon May 25 16:03:36 EDT 2009

LittleGrasshopper <seattlehanks at yahoo.com> wrote:

>With so many choices, I was wondering what editor is the one you
>prefer when coding Python, and why.

[...]

>So what do you guys use, and why? Hopefully we can keep this civil.

I found 'EasyEclipse for Python' soon after I began using Python. With
PyDev, it even contains a Python debugger.
After adding a Mercurial plug-in, it has all I need for Python
programming.
One disadvantage of EasyEclipse is, that they mangled the install/update
system, so that it is very difficult to find the original Eclipse
plug-ins/features.

So, in between, I replaced EasyEclipse by Eclipse, with all the plug-ins
that came bundled with 'EasyEclipse for Python' installed by hand, but
more actual versions.
In my opinion, it is a very convenient system for Python development,
especially due to the debugger.
If you don't use the free PyDev, but the commercial one, you even get a
debugger for remote debugging. Useful e.g. for debugging of blender
scripts.

Best regards,

Günther