Python -> R?

Dan Yamins dyamins at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:32:46 EDT 2009

> If so, what are you using? I have read about RPy, is that a good
> solution?

Yes, I think it's quite a good solution.  It's not exactly 100% as
convenient as working directly in R, but that's IMO more than compensated by
the ability to use Python's syntax.

Make sure you use Rpy2 (the successor to Rpy) -- I find it significantly
better.   However, the online documentation is in IMHO a little thin -- at
least, in terms of examples -- so I once wrote up a little 5-minute tutorial
to show a friend how to use Rpy2.  I've attached it to this message -- you
may find it useful.

best
Dan