wxPython gurus, please help

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Sat May 23 21:18:32 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Jive Dadson <notontheweb at noisp.com> wrote:

>   I have an application that opens an image file of the user's choice.  I
> have an exception handler for the case that the user selected a bad or
> unsupported image file.  My code is catching the exception, but
> unfortunately for me, after I exit the except-clause, wxPython is popping up
> its own message dialog from somewhere in deepest, darkest __core__.
>
>   How do I make it not do that?

Hard to tell without seeing the relevant code. Try stripping down the
program until you get to the smallest program that still shows the error (
http://wiki.wxpython.org/MakingSampleApps). If you can't figure it out from
that, try asking on the wxPython mailing list (
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/mailman/listinfo/wxpython-users). You'll probably
get better advice there.