python3 module for dbus ?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 22 11:14:13 EDT 2009

In article <4a15b88c$0$90265$14726298 at news.sunsite.dk>,
Timothy Madden  <terminatorul at gmail.com> wrote:
>Aahz wrote:
>> In article <4a1281ef$0$90271$14726298 at news.sunsite.dk>,
>> Timothy Madden  <terminatorul at gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]
>>> Do you know if I can get dbus bindings for python3 and glib bindings for
>>> python3 ? Or could I use them otherwise (like without the modules) ?
>>
>> Sorry, no answers to your questions off-hand, but what's wrong with
>> using 2.x?
>
>It is now old and will be replaced by 3.0

That is only half-true -- Python 2.x will be a live project for at least
another couple of years and I bet that 3.x will not overtake 2.x for at
least three years (which is probably also the point at which no new
projects will be started in 2.x).  2.x is not "now old".

>And I am starting a new project. I think it would be appropriate to
>start it with the new version of python.

Well, you're running right into one of the main reasons many people
advocate sticking with 2.x for now.  Unless you can come up with better
reasons for thinking that 2.x is wrong, I suggest you start your project
with 2.x; it should be easy to upgrade to 3.x when the library support is
available.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson