Adding a Par construct to Python?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:59:57 EDT 2009

I don't have any reply to this post except for the following excerpts:

On May 20, 8:10 pm, Luis Alberto Zarrabeitia Gomez <ky... at uh.cu>
wrote:
> 2- in [almost] every other language, _you_ have to be aware of the critical
> sections when multithreading.
[snip]
> That's not what I said. We are not talking about the _language_, but about one
> very specific implementation detail. Not even that, I'm talking about one of the
> reasons presented in favor of that specific implementation detail (while
> agreeing with the others). The fact that the reason I'm having trouble with is
> valid for almost any other language, and none of them have a GIL-like construct
> (while still being successful, and not being exceptionally hard to build native
> modules for) just suggests that _that_ particular reason for that particular
> implementation detail is not a very strong one, even if all other reasons are.

No other languages have nesting by indentation (while still being
reasonablyt successful)....
etc

Comparisons to other languages are useless here.  In many cases Python
does things differently from most other languages and usually it's
better off for it.

The fact that other languages do something differently doesn't mean
that other way's better, in fact it really doesn't mean anything at
all.

Carl Banks