Performance java vs. python

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed May 20 18:14:02 EDT 2009

In article <gv1nor$10uu$1 at adenine.netfront.net>,
namekuseijin  <namekuseijin at gmail.com> wrote:

>I find it completely unimaginable that people would even think
>suggesting the idea that Java is simpler.  It's one of the most stupidly
>verbose and cranky languages out there, to the point you can't really do
>anything of relevance without an IDE automatically pumping out lots of
>scaffold code for you.

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far; after all, I managed to integrate
BouncyCastle into a Java app without an IDE (or really knowing Java, for
that matter).  But you have a valid point once the excessive generalizing
is removed.  ;-)

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson