Is there a better way to chose a slice of a list?

walterbyrd walterbyrd at iname.com
Wed May 20 12:08:08 EDT 2009

On May 19, 5:31 pm, Ben Finney <ben+pyt... at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> That's just the same micro-goal re-stated. What is your larger problem
> of which this is a part? Perhaps a better approach can be suggested when
> that context is known.

I am processing a huge spreadsheet which I have converted to a csv
format. Each row will be a wiki page with several sub-headings. The
spreadsheet contains information about servers. Wiki sub-headings may
include: 'hardware', 'software', 'users', 'network swith settings'.
'Hardware' may include the spreadsheet columns: 'memory', 'cpu', and
so on. So the first six columns in the spreadsheet may go under
'hardware' the next six under 'software' and so on.

I have already created the wiki pages, using a method similar to what
I first posted. But, it seems like there should be a better way to to
do it. So, for future reference, I was just wondering.