PYTHONPATH on Windows XP module load problem

Andreas Otto aotto1968 at t-online.de
Wed May 20 03:53:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

  I try to use "distutils" and "setup.py" to create an C extension

  Now a list of problems:

  1. I'm using automake, autoconf to setup the build-environment
        for example CPPFLAGS

        -> how can I transport the CPPFLAGS on the commandline
                to setup.py

        I can not use the "define_macros" argument in the setup.py
        script

  2. the following shared library is created:

        build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.0/pymsgque.so

        -> in my tool a test environment is included this mean
                "after" a build but before "install" a test is
                done. this mean that the library have to be found
                and used by the test-environment.

        -> the problem is that the directory name
                "build/lib.linux-x86_64-3.0/"
                is system-depend

        -> question: how I get an unique system independent name
                or just in general how I solve this kind of problem

  3. why is no ".pyd" file created ?

        -> pyd is the extension name supported

mfg

  Andreas Otto