Conceptual flaw in pxdom?

Damien Neil neild at misago.org
Wed May 20 01:35:28 EDT 2009

 "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> APIs such as ElementTree don't try to burden themselves with the
> language-agnosticism, and thus are much more powerful.

Having used both ElementTree and xml.dom, I don't see that ET is any
more powerful.  Both APIs let you manipulate an XML tree in pretty much
any way possible.  (The ET bundled with Python is rather less powerful,
since it lacks support for processing instructions and other XML
features, but lxml corrects that.)

Personally, I find ElementTree's handling of text nodes to be very
clumsy compared to that in the DOM.  For me, DOM with XPath is much
nicer than ET.  Tastes differ, of course.

                        - Damien