How can i use Spread Sheet as Data Store

Kalyan Chakravarthy kalyanchakravarthy at hyit.com
Tue May 19 01:21:57 EDT 2009

Hi John
             I am using  Google Spread Sheet with 20 rows of data ,
            OS is  Windows XP
            Python2.6

Actually my requirement is
in an web application when user enters User name and Password,
back end i needs to check, is it they entered correct user name with
password ( here i want to read the Spread Sheet Data in Python code  ),
for this i will keep all the user names and passwords in Google Spread Sheet

now tell me how can i read Spread Sheet data in Python

Reply me

Regards
Kalyan

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM, John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net> wrote:

> Kalyan Chakravarthy <kalyanchakravarthy <at> hyit.com> writes:
>

> > Hi All,             I have data in Spread Sheet ( First Name and Last
> Name),
> how can i see  this data  in Python code ( how can i use Spread Sheet as
> Data
> Store ) . -- RegardsKalyan
>
> Hi Kalyan,
>
> A few questions ... the answers might help us help you better:
>
> What type of spreadsheet do you have:
> .ods (produced by OpenOffice.org's calc)?
> .gnumeric?
> .xls (MS Excel 2003)?
> .xlsx (MS Excel 2007)?
> something else?
>
> Do you want to update the spreadsheet using Python, or will that be done
> manually? How many rows of data are you likely to have?
>
> What version of Python do you plan to use?
>
> What OS are you using?
>
> Cheers,
> John
>

> --