Conceptual flaw in pxdom?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon May 18 02:54:53 EDT 2009

Emanuele D'Arrigo wrote:
> I'm looking at pxdom and in particular at its foundation class
> DOMObject

I didn't know pxdom, but looking at it now I can see that it hasn't been
updated since 2006. Not sure if that means that it is complete or that it
has been abandoned.

Anyway, seeing that it only provides DOM compliance, without anything
further like XPath or whatever, and that it doesn't focus on performance in
any way, you might still be better off with ElementTree, which is in the
stdlib since Python 2.5 (and available for Py2.2+).

Stefan