Help with Tkinter on OS X --- driving me insane!

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Sun May 17 22:58:05 EDT 2009

In article
<c094cd74-78a3-46dc-9a53-6da08c19e7d3 at o30g2000vbc.googlegroups.com>,
 Edward Grefenstette <egrefen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bingo! Updating to Python 6.2.2 did the trick (I had 6.2). I just had
> to relink the /usr/bin/python to the Current directory in /Library/
> Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/ and everything worked without
> deletions etc. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Glad that helped but beware: changing /usr/bin/python is not
recommended.  That link (and everything else in /usr/bin) is maintained
by Apple and should always point to the OSX-supplied python at
/System/Library/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin/python

By default, the python.org installers create links at
/usr/local/bin/python and /usr/local/bin/python2.6; use one of those
paths to get to the python.org 2.6 or ensure /usr/local/bin comes before
/usr/bin on your $PATH.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org