Configure options for minimal Python 2.6

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri May 15 18:50:53 EDT 2009

> I want to compile a minimal Python 2.6 for Debian Etch without support
> for optional features such as tk and sphinx.  The configure script's
> help says that features can be disabled with an '--without-PACKAGE', so
> I guess disabling tk is '--without-tk', but where is there a list of the
> feature/package names of the other optional components?

To disable extension modules, there is actually nothing that you have to
do. By default, they will not get compiled into the interpreter, anyway.

A few modules to become builtin; check Modules/Setup* to remove any that
you don't want.

configure --help gives you a complete list of all supported parameters
already.

Regards,
Martin