py2exe + win32com + DAO

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed May 13 02:00:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009 22:06:42 -0700 (PDT), Trevor <trevor.lango at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I do not believe your assertion applies to the following line of code:
>
> daoEngine = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'DAO.DBEngine.36')

It doesn't. I'm simply suggesting that it is possible you are opening
the database in Access or something in Administrator/dba mode. That
could be causing an exclusive lock on the database so that no sub
task can then open it.

i have seen this on old versions of Access.

To provide excellent performance, microsoft used to load the whole
database into memory if it could. And just operate mostly from there.

> is it possible to obtain more
> verbose error output from Python modules?  The error message in the
> original post was generated from:
>
> print sys.exc_info()[0]

possibly but i'm not sure how...

David