Fwd: Re: Unable to install Pywin32 for Python 2.6.2

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed May 13 00:18:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009 05:32:16 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>
wrote:

> I think this was a case of obscure misconfiguration of the system.
> It is always possible to configure a system in such a way that even
> the most resilient installation procedure will break.

Technically, you are right..

but imho.. windows installers are overkill and shouldn't be used
for this sort of thing. That is, installing libraries. And not
the fault of the package authors either...

if we could clean up the python universe and ensure all packages
are in either .egg or distutils packages then i think it would
be a nicer place...

Take care

David