Nimrod programming language

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue May 12 07:01:08 EDT 2009

Martin Vilcans:
> Nice with a language with a new language designed for high
> performance. It seems like a direct competitor with D, i.e. a
> high-level language with low-level abilities.
> The Python-like syntax is a good idea.

There is Delight too:
http://delight.sourceforge.net/

But I agree, one disadvantage (and one advantage) the D language is
its significant syntactic and semantic compatibility with C.
I like the syntax of Nimrod, but I think Nimrod designer has to work
more on data parallelism and higher level forms of parallelism.
At the moment D language has not enough data parallelism features for
scientific programming purposes.

Bye,
bearophile