Your Favorite Python Book

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:18:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM, Sam Tregar <sam at tregar.com> wrote:

> Greetings.  I'm working on learning Python and I'm looking for good books
> to read.  I'm almost done with Dive into Python and I liked it a lot. I
> found Programming Python a little dry the last time I looked at it, but I'm
> more motivated now so I might return to it.  What's your favorite?  Why?
>
> -sam
>

> --

I've gotten great use out of Programming Python (mainly because it has a lot
of larger full-fledged examples), Python in a Nutshell, and recently Expert
Python Programming. My copy of Python in a Nutshell is particularly
dog-eared now - it is a bit outdated (I've got notes all over the book of
things that have changed...) but it's still a great resource.