How do I test the integrity of a Python installation in Debian and Ubuntu

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner at iee.org
Tue May 12 02:36:57 EDT 2009

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> .. I expect an apology.
> Otherwise, it becomes grounds for an abuse complaint to your ISP.

Yes, I do apologize profusely and publicly, and would have done so
regardless of threat.

I had trouble with posts making it through to the list and so was also
posting in parallel to the original posters. In doing so, your address
initially bounced the message - so I changed it unthinkingly in a to: line.

I did not realize until this morning that they made it through
python-list unchanged, as they obviously do.

All the best,
Geoff