Wrapping comments

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at googlemail.com
Mon May 11 14:25:15 EDT 2009

Tobias Weber <towb at gmx.net> writes:

> In article <mailman.5386.1241975816.11746.python-list at python.org>,
>  David Robinow <drobinow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> (define-key key-translation-map [?\M-3] "#")
>>

>> or, if you prefer, just be sick.
>
> Thanks, but I don't believe using releases from people who think I jump
> should through hoops just to make my keyboard work is a good plan for a
> relaxed future. According to their release notes this was (once) fixed
> years ago.

No need for editing .emacs.

Click 'Options' on the menu bar, hover down to the 'Option Key >' item,
then select the 'Meta & British' option.  This is IMHO the best option
(if you have a UK keyboard, of course!).  This way, Alt-3 gives you a
'#'.

It would be a shame to abandon Aquamacs just for this, they have made a
lot of efforts to make it integrate well with OSX and I think this is
one of the few hurdles that are left.

--
Arnaud