OOP & Abstract Classes

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Mon May 11 11:59:31 EDT 2009

Mike Driscoll wrote:

> I've never used (or heard of) the Abstract type...and the guy who
> wrote the FAQ was being a jerk.

Who, Peter Norvig?

(from wikipedia)

Peter Norvig is an American computer scientist. He is currently the
Director of Research (formerly Director of Search Quality) at Google Inc.

He is a Fellow and Councilor of the American Association for Artificial
Intelligence and co-author, with Stuart Russell, of Artificial
Intelligence: A Modern Approach, now the standard college text. He
previously was head of the Computational Sciences Division (now the
Intelligent Systems Division) at NASA Ames Research Center, where he
oversaw a staff of 200 scientists performing NASA's research and
development in autonomy and robotics, automated software engineering and
data analysis, neuroengineering, collaborative systems research, and
simulation-based decision-making. Before that he was Chief Scientist at
Junglee, where he helped develop one of the first Internet comparison
shopping services; Chief designer at Harlequin Inc.; and Senior
Scientist at Sun Microsystems Laboratories.

etc. etc.

Yes, I usually look up in wikipedia before calling anyone a jerk :) :)