Missing c.l.py posts (was Re: php to python code converter)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun May 10 09:11:30 EDT 2009

    >>> I've had several messages not make it through.
    >>>
    >>> :(
    >>
    >> Same here ("Message has a suspicious header").

    Aahz> I've been trying to investigate several instances of posts to
    Aahz> comp.lang.python.announce getting approved and making it out to
    Aahz> the mailing list but not the newsgroup.  In each case, reposting
    Aahz> as plain text fixed the problem.  I suggest that anyone having
    Aahz> similar problems on c.l.py do the same thing.

The problem lies with moi.  The ham/spam database had grown rather huge.  I
tossed out a bunch of older ham and spam messages from the database and
retrained.  That caused a large fraction of new posts to be held as
"unsure".  Unfortunately, I didn't notice that for a couple days.  I added a
couple hundred of the recently held hams and spams to the database and
retrained last night.  This morning nothing new was held.  Hopefully that
will solve the problem.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    America's vaunted "free press" notwithstanding, story ideas that expose