I'm intrigued that Python has some functional constructions in the language.

Sat May 9 20:36:27 EDT 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 12:08:49 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:

> Steven D'Aprano <steve at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes:
>> I think your point is wrong. Without syntax, there can be no written
>> communication. In Haskell, f.g is not the same as f+g -- the difference
>> is one of syntax.
>
> In Haskell, (+) and (.) are both functions.

"Left-parens op right-parens" is syntax.

> So it's really true you can get rid of almost all Haskell expression
> syntax.

And what you've got left is syntax. Without syntax, how can you tell the
difference between a meaningful character string and a jumble of random
gibberish? Without syntax, how can you tell where one token finishes and
the next begins?

--
Steven