mod_python and xml.dom.minidom

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat May 9 13:40:42 EDT 2009

On 9 Mai, 01:36, dpapathanasiou <denis.papathanas... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Apache's configure utility (I'm using httpd version 2.2.11) doesn't
> explicitly describe an expat library option.
>
> Also, if libexpat is version 1.95.2, wouldn't I have to get version
> 2.0 to be compatible with pyexpat?

The aim would be to persuade Apache to configure itself against the
same Expat library that pyexpat is using, which would involve the
headers and libraries referenced during the pyexpat configuration
process, although I seem to recall something about pyexpat bundling
its own version of Expat - that would complicate matters somewhat.

> If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Expat might be getting brought into Apache via mod_dav:

http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/install.html

Perhaps disabling mod_dav when configuring Apache might drop Expat
from Apache's library dependencies.

Paul