IIR filter conversion routines for Python?

wzab wzab01 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 07:54:50 EDT 2009

On May 8, 7:30 am, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr... at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 May 2009 11:03:57 -0700 (PDT), wzab <wza... at gmail.com>
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for procedures converting theIIRfilters into cascade and/
> > or parallel forms. Something like dir2cas.m or dir2par.m known in the
> > Matlab/Octave world.
> > Unfortunately SciPy does not contain such functions.
>
>         Well... If they are Matlab scripts (as the .m seems to imply),
> couldn't one just take the source and recode them in SciPy terms.
> --
>         Wulfraed        Dennis Lee Bieber               KD6MOG
>         wlfr... at ix.netcom.com               wulfr... at bestiaria.com
>                 HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/
>         (Bestiaria Support Staff:               web-a... at bestiaria.com)
>                 HTTP://www.bestiaria.com/

Unfortunately the Matlab scripts that are floating around the net  do
not contain the license information.
(e.g. takasila.coe.psu.ac.th/~s4810685/DSP/proakis/PWS_DSP/dir2cas.m )
So I don't know if it sufficient to consider the "public domain"...
Additionally Python is simply different and allows some thing to do in
different (better?) way.
In fact I have almost finished the simple dir2cas.py converter.
I'll post the source as soon, as it is ready.
--
Regards,
WZab