mod_python and xml.dom.minidom

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Sat May 9 00:50:59 EDT 2009

> My only advice is, don't use mod_python. The project is dead, you
>  should use mod_wsgi instead: http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/

To echo what Daniel said, mod_wsgi is really the way to go. It might still
not work in "embedded" mode where like mod_python the Python interpreter is
in the Apache instance thus there might be binary linking conflicts, but you
can use it in daemon mode where it launches external python processes and
passes requests back and forth through them. That's not as slow as it sounds
too :)

Also maybe check out lxml or ElementTree (cElementTree); minidom is about
*the* slowest way to parse XML in Python I believe. And is terribly
unpythonic-- which may be why you made xml_utils, I dunno. Check out
lxml/ElementTree :)

--S