php to python code converter

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri May 8 11:37:20 EDT 2009

On Fri, 08 May 2009 17:19:13 +0200
Pascal Chambon <chambon.pascal at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's funny, I was precisely thinking about a php to python converter,
> some weeks ago.
> Such a tool, allowing for example to convert some CMS like Drupal to
> python, would be a killer app, when we consider the amount of php code
> available.

I'm not a big fan of PHP but I don't understand the desireability of
such a tool.  If you have a good PHP app just run it.  The point of
Python in my mind is that it is a cleaner syntax and promotes better
code.  Anything that converts PHP to Python is going to leave you with
some butt-ugly Python.  It also risks adding new bugs.

If you want a Python version of Drupal then perhaps that is the project
that you want to start.  Start fresh using the existing project as your
requirements specification.  Don't automatically import all their
coding choices that may be partially based on the language used.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves