Unable to build libpython2.5.so on OS X 10.4

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Thu May 7 12:41:42 EDT 2009

In article
<fde3b1d5-8a52-4ff1-9093-9ed470b4f9cb at g20g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
 Eric Winter <elwinter at verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi all. I'm trying to build some internal code that needs to link
> against libpython2.5.so on a OS X 10.4 (Tiger) machine. It seems that
> no matter what combination of options and environment variables I give
> to the configure script from python 2.5.1, all I get is the
> libpython2.5.a (the static library). I've googled the problem and
> searched the comp.lang.python archives, but I have been unable to find
> anything that works.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but if you are trying to build a C extension
for an existing Python 2.5 installation, using Distutils from that
installation should take care of everything for you.  Is there a
setup.py file by any chance?  Are you using a standard python
installation (i.e. python.org installer for instance)?  More details
might help.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org