Copy & Paste in a Dos box

norseman norseman at hughes.net
Wed May 6 19:10:18 EDT 2009

Mensanator wrote:
> On May 6, 12:54 pm, Tim Chase <python.l... at tim.thechases.com> wrote:
>>> for windows this works:
>>> (can't cut and paste from a dos box!###%*&!!!)
>> Depending on how it was spawned, you can either right-click in
>> the window and choose Mark/Paste (when marking, use <enter> to
>> terminate the selection; and selections are blockwise rectangular
>> rather than linewise or characterwise).  Alternatively, if you
>> click on the system menu (the icon in the title-bar with
>> resize/minimize/maximize/close/help), there should be an Edit
>> submenu with the same options within.
>>
>> A pain, but at least feasible.
>
> Less painful is to set the properties of the dos box:
>
> Edit Options:
> [x] Quick Edit mode
>
> And when prompted, do "(.) modify shortcut that started this window"
>
> After which, you can dispense with the menus (except when pasting),
> just select the text and hit <enter>.
>
> Makes a world of difference.
>
>> HTH,
>>
>> -tkc
>
> --

On a straight box - that doesn't work either.
The select all does, but paste yanked something from hours ago.
Yes - set as stated, closed and used icon to open box.

MicroSoft still need to soften its hard head and join the 21st century.

I love the ease of Linux.

One thing we do get from using both OS's - our first release code is
much more solid as a result.

Steve