help for documentation and license

CTO debatem1 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:45:34 EDT 2009

On May 5, 2:30 pm, Gökhan SEVER <gokhanse... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Even though I don't know what your project does, you will need to use
> "Sphinx" to create semi-automatic documentation out of your project.
>
> I would recommend you to take a look a quality "free" Python module:
> Matplotlib (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/index.html)
> Go ahead, and check out the main svn trunk. There you will see all
> what you need about documentation creation with Sphinx.
>
> Good luck...
>
> Gökhan
>
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Murali kumar <murali... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi all..
>
> > I finished my application using python 2.6 and wxpython 2.8.9

> >       please suggest me and provide links to generate documents in easy
> > way..

> >       help me for this also..

You can autogenerate API docs using pydoc (builtin, usually ugly) or
epydoc
(external, not so ugly), or you can use a project like sphinx for hand
written docs.

As far as hosting goes, sourceforge is usually the way to go, although
I'm
a huge fan of gitorious (in fact, wrote a recipe to autogenerate API
docs
for markdown <URL: http://code.activestate.com/recipes/576733/>) but
you
have to be using git for it to work. Github is another choice. If
that's
the case.

As far as licensing goes, you have a *LOT* of options, so you may want
check out <URL: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_licenses>

Geremy Condra