Self function

Tue May 5 03:58:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 00:09:27 -0700, Arnaud Delobelle wrote:

> Are you aware of PEP 3130? http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3130/

I am now. Very disappointing.

> (BTW, it seems to me that your implementation breaks as soon as two
> functions are decorated - not tested!)

Of course it does! That's why I warned that I was "abusing a global
variable", and that it should not be read as meaning that I wanted
__this__ to be global. I want it to be local to the function.

If somebody can tell me how to inject a new local name into a function,
that would be far preferable to using global in the decorator.

--
Steven