Multiprocessing.Queue - I want to end.

Luis Alberto Zarrabeitia Gomez kyrie at uh.cu
Mon May 4 01:02:36 EDT 2009

Quoting Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>:

> 	I'm not familiar with the multiprocessing module and its queues but,
> presuming it behaves similar to the threading module AND that you have
> design control over the consumers (as you did in the sample) make a
> minor change.
>
> 	queue.put(None)	ONCE in the producer
>
> 	Then, in the consumer, after it sees the None and begins shutdown
> processing, have the consumer ALSO do
>
> 	queue.put(None)

Thank you. I went with this idea, only that instead of modifying the consumer, I
modified the queue itself... Well, Cameron Simpson did :D. It's working nicely now.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Facultad de Matemática y Computación, UH

--
Participe en Universidad 2010, del 8 al 12 de febrero de 2010
La Habana, Cuba