problem with money datatype based calculations in python

Krishnakant krmane at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:14:29 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 03:20 +0000, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Sorry, I should have mentioned my bias.  :-)
> No problems at all.  It is a very good library.  I get an impression that it is realy a mature module and a very powerful set of API.

> > I would like to know if it has been tested with postgresql 8.3 and are
>
> The current version of PyGreSQL has been tested with Python 2.5 and
> PostGreSQL 8.3. Older version should work as well, but you will need
> at least Python 2.3 and PostgreSQL 7.4.

Ah, I am using python 2.6 and postgresql 8.3

I am really impressed with the library.  I want some manual or tutorial
for the same and if possible can you write me off the list with a small
tutorial for things like connecting to the database, sending queries,
and working with the resultset at the client site.

I will be really happy if this library also supports calling a stored
procedurs directly.  Psycopg2 does not have such a feature and I had to
create one small module which does that work.

What it does is that you just give the name of the procuedure procedure
as the first parameter and a list of arguements as the second parameter.
That's all, you will get the result because the query  for the call is
created inside the module and the programmer need not worry about what
the sored procedure looks like.

Never the less I am expecting that pygresql has some infrastructure for
making calls to the stored procedures.  Please send me some tutorial off
the list.

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.