eric not working on ubuntu 9.04

CTO debatem1 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 03:34:08 EDT 2009

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/email/message.py", line 790, in Message
>     from email.Iterators import walk

Well, the module is called email.iterators (rather than
email.Iterators),
for starters. It looks like __all__ exports both names (which seems a
little dodgy to me, but hey, y'all are the experts) but Ubuntu messes
with Python a lot before it makes it to a package. I don't have a
jaunty
box handy, but my guess is that some heinous confluence of
email.iterators.walk moving to Message.walk() in python 3, the module
email.Iterators not existing anymore, and Ubuntu messing with Python
has caused the whole house of cards to come crashing down. If I were
you, I'd probably do the following:

1) file a ubuntu bug report
2) see if you can fire up the interpreter and see if the following
works:

>>> from email.Iterators import walk

If not, try it with the 'i' lowercased. If that works, you've got your
culprit. Otherwise, let me know and I'll take a look at it when I get
back in front of my jaunty box.

Geremy Condra