urllib2 and threading

shailen.tuli at gmail.com shailen.tuli at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:18:10 EDT 2009

For better performance, lxml easily outperforms Beautiful Soup.

For what its worth, the code runs fine if you switch from urllib2 to
urllib (different exceptions are raised, obviously). I have no
experience using urllib2 in a threaded environment, so I'm not sure
why it breaks; urllib does OK, though.

- Shailen