How to reuse TCP listening socket immediately after it was connected at least once?

Igor Katson descentspb at gmail.com
Sun May 24 04:45:33 EDT 2009

I have written a socket server and some arbitrary clients. When I
shutdown the server, and do socket.close(), I cannot immediately start
it again cause it has some open sockets in TIME_WAIT state. It throws
address already in use exception at me. I have searched for that in
google but haven't found a way to solve that.

Tried
setsockopt(socket.SOL_SOCKET, socket.SO_REUSEADDR, 1)
but that does not help.

Is there a nice way to overcome this?