filecmp.py licensing

Fatih Tumen fthtmn at gmail.com
Sun May 17 06:18:34 EDT 2009

Hi,
As I mentioned on the other thread about samba, I am working on a
synchronisation project and using filecmp.py for comparing files. I
modified it according to my needs and planning to distribute it with my
package. At first glance it seems that filecmp.py is a part of Python
package. Though I don't see a licence header on the file I assume that
it is licensed under PSFL. I will distribute my project with GNU GPL or
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. My question is if I renamed it and
put the Python attribution on the header, would it be alright?

What is the proper way of doing this?
--
   Fatih