I'm intrigued that Python has some functional constructions in the language.

Casey Hawthorne caseyhHAMMER_TIME at istar.ca
Fri May 8 15:04:01 EDT 2009

I'm intrigued that Python has some functional constructions in the
language.

Would it be possible to more clearly separate the pure code (without
side effects) from the impure code (that deals with state changes,
I/O, etc.), so that the pure code could be compiled and have
aggressive functional transformations applied to it for efficiency.

That way, the syntax would be a lot easier to understand, than most
functional languages, like Haskell.

I gave a presentation at the beginning of last year on Haskell and at
the end, someone's comment was, "I can see the benefits of functional
programming but why does it have to be so cryptic."
--
Regards,
Casey