SOAPpy(10060, 'Operation timed out')

Zhang, Ning Ning.Zhang at centrica.com
Fri May 8 11:35:08 EDT 2009

Hi all

I am working for a energy company, we currently want to use api to load
data into the database.

I am new for soappy package. I have done a bit research on
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webse ... #resources
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth16/#resour
ces>
and
http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_ ... gging.html
<http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/debugging.html>

I can make none of the examples from tutorial correct.

I have also tried the the example from Endolith posted last year.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10038&p=45872&hilit=soap#p45872
<http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10038&p=45
872&hilit=soap#p45872>

Code: Select all
<http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12876##>

from SOAPpy import WSDL

wsdl_file = 'http://xurrency.com/api.wsdl'
server = WSDL.Proxy(wsdl_file)
values = server.getValuesInverse('usd')

However, I got the error message below:

error: (10060, 'Operation timed out')

Can anyone kind help me with this issue? Alternatively if anyone could
provide any worked examples, i will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ning Zhang

The information contained in or attached to this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it. It may contain information which is confidential and/or covered by legal professional or other privilege (or other rules or laws with similar effect in jurisdictions outside England and Wales).
The views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of Centrica plc, and the company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for its accuracy or completeness unless expressly stated to the contrary.

Centrica plc

Registered office: Millstream, Maidenhead Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5GD

Registered in England and Wales No 3033654